Saturday, September 4, 2010

Little G





It is like a baby explosion everywhere I go. I see pregnant women in my Step Aerobics class, walking around my neighborhood, in every coffee shop and grocery store I go into. I could swear that 50% of my friends on Facebook are pregnant. Within the span of 24 hours on Wednesday I got two adorable text messages about babies being born (shout out to Brian, Susan & little Rose and Julie, Garrett & little Brandon).

Let's be honest though, some of these babies are more important than others. One of the most important babies being cooked right now is little Gregory, my nephew (brother and sister-in-law's kiddo) who should be making an entrance into the world in a month and a half or so. It is sad that Jesse & Kelly live all the way in Texas but it was awesome that Kelly was able to come visit in early July for her cousin's wedding so that we could see the round belly that little man was giving her. We also got to throw her a shower and it was very sweet to see how emotional she became, especially over any item that pictured a dog. Having been gone for a week, Kelly was missing her dog and it seems our normally not so emotional Kelly has become quite a weeper with pregnancy hormones pumping through her.

Kelly really relished each gift, especially some old baby clothes of my brother's which my mom was able to give her. It was a very sweet shower. Unfortunately my camera stopped working part way through the shower so my pictures are limited (and mostly stolen from someone else) but it was wonderful to experience how excited Kelly is and how blessed she felt. Since they are naming this little nephew of mine Gregory, I thought I would come up with a nickname (because everyone needs a nickname). I am trying out "Little G," thus the title of my post, but if he is a Cone-sized baby we may be calling him "Big G" before you know it.

No comments: