Saturday, September 4, 2010

Big Sur


How can I catch you up on a Summer of mine without mentioning Big Sur? As everyone knows we head there every year with our church family to camp... I've only missed one out of the last 27 or so years. This year we were able to bring our new roommate Desiree (who can be seen with Rachel and I in the scary camping picture above) who had just moved in with us a few days before. I think the large group of people she didn't know might have been a little overwhelming but she and Rachel had lots of fun together, especially riding the tandem bike our friends Taylor and Dom had brought with them. It was an exceptionally cold year so except for a fun hike on Saturday with my dad, David & Tess I spent most the time close to the fire and bundled with as many clothes as I could pile on. It was relaxing to be so low key but when it was time to come home I was happy to get away from the foggy coast and back to warmer weather and my own bed.

No comments: