Wednesday, September 15, 2010


...another tale of perseverance and growth! Rachel, who failed Algebra twice last year has been diligently working on her math skills over the summer. Since the start of this school year she has shown a new maturity and motivation and it seems she actually wants to pass her classes. When you have a history of doing poorly in certain classes it is easy to get discouraged and think you are stupid so I have been really impressed at her new found perseverance. Rachel has been working hard to stay on top of her math homework but the proof was in the pudding when she had to take her first test of the year. She text me a picture of the result yesterday and I was literally jumping up and down and squealing. She got a 39/40! She said to me, "I am actually remembering things." I'll be honest... that is more than I can say about Algebra.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

That's so awesome! Way to go Rachel.

Hannah said...

Score! (get it?) High Fives for Everyone!!!!

Alina said...

That is really, really awesome! (for you AND Rachel!)

Brian & Mary Hand said...

Yeay Rachel!!! That's so awesome! Perseverance and motivation are awesome things!