Sunday, April 25, 2010

MM4K


Here is an overdue post about a 10K called Miracle Miles for Kids that is a huge fundraiser for my work which Rachel and I did last weekend. I have usually volunteered at the event but I've never actually done the race. Rachel and I did the 6.2 miles in 1 hour and 40 minutes. We ran a little but mostly walked. The whole thing is on the beach from one little beach town to another. There were 2500 people there and it was a beautiful day. The tide was kind of high so a few parts were a little treacherous, especially for those with strollers but it was a blast! Rachel and I were really worn out all day after the event. Sometimes it feels so good to be sunburnt and psychically exhausted. Haven't slept that well in a while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke, you and Rachel should do Relay for Life with me :)

Brian & Mary Hand said...

I love it! I love it! And, the pic is too cute! Way to go ladies!

dkt said...

WAY TO GO!!! (And you are lookin' like one hot mamma these days!! :-)